Friday, January 24, 2014

Record Storage Solution


When Brad and I moved into our first apartment together, I knew I'd have to get inventive with storage since we were combining our things, and we were on a student budget. One thing that I noticed quickly we were lacking was art and decor on the walls. It's crazy how much personality you can give a space just by placing something on the wall. And what better to display on the wall than my favourite records!

I took a trip to Ikea, and came home with two Ribba picture ledges. Altogether, this cost me around $30, but that's a bargain, considering it covers almost all of the dining table wall. I have them stacked alphabetically (because I'm crazy), and you can fit about 4 records in front of each other.

For those of you who are interested which records are at the front of each stack, the list is as follows (from top left):
-Bon Iver
-Cursive
-Neutral Milk Hotel
-The Postal Service
-She & Him
-Listener






9 comments:

  1. Love this! the shelves are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this is gorge, makes me want a record player! <3

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe that's so cute and such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. And you've got a wonderful collection going. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i love how you have your records stored—brilliant thinking chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *squeel* You got an ep (i think that what they are called) of She & Him - love that that album. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute idea! totally agree that some art on the walls can make a big difference.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely way of storing them and displaying them at the same time! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love She & Him and Bon Iver and
    all those records on your wall look amazing. :)
    I also really like your dress, that cute bow in your hair -
    just your whole blog is wonderful. I had to follow you. ;)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete