Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Halloween, especially since we were fortunate enough for it to fall on a Friday this year!

As per usual, I had an idea for a costume early on but still left making it until the last minute... Growing up, Madeline was my favourite book. I had the same little red bob haircut from ages 5-8, and threw a fit that I couldn't have a matching appendectomy scar with my beloved literary character. So when I realized this year that I have never dressed up as Madeline for Halloween, I was completely shocked.


I managed to find this blue dress on sale at Forever21, and just had to add the collar to it... which would have been easy if I didn't leave that until when my guests were arriving on Halloween night. So I lazily basted in a makeshift collar, threw on socks and gloves and had found this hat at the last second at a thrift store (it was fate, I swear).



As a bonus, here are my dogs in their costumes that I picked out. Maggie is a hamburger, and Ollie is a bat (though he looks more like a flying monkey from Wizard of Oz).

Have a great rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. hi 100% obsessed with your costume. i also was obsessed with madeline. she was livin' the life.
    xoxo
    e
    emmyjake

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dogs look fantastic and you make an amazing madeline. You make me want to dress up as a literacy character

    ReplyDelete
  3. The designs can be seen and ordered at Fathead.com and come in a variety of price points. Click here to see the full line. Below are some of my favourites from the new collection. personalized wall graphics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dogs!!! Looks creative.

    http://www.trendin.com/gosf/great-online-shopping-festival


    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I love the colour scheme and the adorable collar.

    ReplyDelete